Back to School List for Incoming Freshmen (High School Here You Come!)
Entering high school is a huge step, and that step is best taken with all the essentials you need to start your freshman year with style. Essentials definitely include things you need to complete your schoolwork, plan your schedule, organize your workload, tote everything around, and complete all of the above effectively, efficiently, and with a bit of flair.
Check out our back to school list for incoming freshmen that covers it all.
A laptop or tablet is a must for multiple reasons, including homework, online research, and using apps for translations, calculations, and organization. Microsoft and Dell continue to lead the pack for reasonably priced laptops and tablets, with deals and cash back consistently available at BestBuy and Shopathome.
In addition to your laptop/tablet, you’ll need to round out your back to school list with a host of other gadgets and tech.
- Headphones for those who work better with some background music
- USB drive, flash drive, zip drive, whatever you want to call it for portable transport of any needed files
- USB charger that plugs right into the wall or doubles as an external battery pack
- Bluetooth keyboard for easier typing on multiple devices, including your laptop and tablet
- Calculator for upper-level math classes like algebra and trigonometry
- Software to write reports, create presentations, and otherwise complete your homework and projects; Microsoft Office has a solid lineup of programs and features
- Cloud accounts for storing files you can easily share and collaborate on with others and access from different devices
For discounts on Microsoft Office and Surface, browse deals and cash back here.
- Binders are still a must, even in this age of electronics, and you can opt for one large one that contains pretty much everything so you always have it on hand
- Dividers and folders for your binder to help keep everything straight; one folder for each class is always a good idea
- Notebooks, one for each class
- Agenda or planner for a quick overview of all upcoming assignments and tasks
- Cool lineup of highlighters, markers, and pens for taking notes
- Mini stapler (and stapler remover) to keep papers together or take them apart
- Paper clips and/or binder clips for keeping papers together that are too big for or don’t necessarily require staples
- Waterbottle with attachment accessory to hang from your bag
Get the above accessories at Walmart for up to 6% cash back and free shipping.
- A backpack that can carry your laptop or tablet along with everything else you need to tote from home and back
- Snazzy pencil box or case for your cool lineup of highlighters, markers, and pens
- Snazzy leather or canvas case if your pencil case isn’t big enough to fit your charger, USB drive, and other accessories
- Lunchbox or insulated lunch tote so they can pack healthy foods and power their minds
Browse Moosejaw’s selection of durable, too-cool backpacks and carrying cases and get cash back when you use this link.
Once you’re armed with everything on the back to school list for freshmen, you’ll be well equipped to ace your first year of high school – while making a stylish statement along the way. Make that statement even more stylish by nabbing huge back-to-school shopping savings at Shopathome.com.