Expedia trip tips: 10 vacays that will make you the best mom ever
Ask folks for their childhood family vacation memories, and you’ll likely hear about being smashed in the back seat with siblings during road trips across the open plains to Grandma’s house.
Memorable? Yes. Amazing? Uh, no. So, wouldn’t it be great to give your kiddos a different family vacation experience?
You’re in luck. Expedia has compiled the top 10 destinations that will take your family vacation from drab to absolutely fab. And, with Expedia’s great deals and savings, you won’t have to empty your wallet to get there. Let the memory-making begin!
1. Orlando, Fla. No surprise here, the wonderful world of Disney has been a top family vacation spot for many years. We have no doubt your little ones will love Disney World just as much you did when you first stepped into that magical place.
Not to miss: Discovery Cove. A place where you can swim with dolphins, otters, tropical fish and rays without being in the open ocean? Sign us up.
Want to save money on travel? Check out the Expedia page at ShopAtHome.com and get up to 7.5 percent Cash Back on your purchases.
2. Orange County, Calif. Disney once again takes the cake on this one. Disneyland is a great place to spend the day with your family.
Not to miss: The Balboa Island Ferry — an old fashioned attraction, but one that the whole family is sure to enjoy.
3. Las Vegas. Sin City? For a family vacation? You bet yah! Las Vegas offers a plethora of family friendly activities.
Not to miss: The Mac King Comedy Magic Show. This inexpensive afternoon show is just right for your little rascals.
4. New York. If you haven’t spent a family vacation in the Big Apple, put this on your must-visit list. With shows, shopping and famous landmarks galore, every member of your family will fall in love with something in this amazing city.
Not to miss: A rowboat ride at the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park. Enjoy an hour on the water while you paddle around historical Central Park.
5. Cancun, Mexico. A tropical getaway not too far from U.S. borders – just don’t forget the sunscreen!
Not to miss: A Hummer jungle tour. You can still see ruins, the jungle and the beach, without all the strenuous walking that can put a toll on your tiny tots.
6. Los Angeles. The Golden State has plenty to offer your clan on a summer vacay, from museums to beaches to theme parks.
Not to miss: The Hollywood Walk of Fame. Find your family’s favorites stars while you sight-see along the way.
7. Washington, D.C. The country’s most iconic monuments are in the nation’s capital — take your kids on a fun educational tour.
Not to miss: The National Museum of Natural History. An 80-foot dinosaur skeleton, a huge prehistoric white shark and the Hope Diamond are nothing short of awe-inspiring.
8. Riviera Maya, Mexico. Another tropical getaway – family vacations are on the rise at this location on the Yucatan Peninsula.
Not to miss: If your kids are older – and brave enough, head out on a zip-line tour. There’s no better way to see the jungle than from above the trees.
9. Oahu, Hawaii. If your clan can manage the long flight to Hawaii, the island of Oahu is a must-see.
Not to miss: The USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor. This moving memorial is a great way to connect your children to the past.
10. London. Go for a visit across the pond for an unforgettable vacation.
Not to miss: Ride on a double-decker bus, visit Big Ben and see a spectacular view on the London Eye.
For family vacation savings check out Expedia’s latest family package deals.
Other articles you might also like: