The best group Halloween costumes for your family
By Aimee Heckel
Coming up with costumes for each member of your family can be daunting. And expensive. And time-consuming, if you’re a DIY kind of mom.
Solve a problem or three and plan a group Halloween costume for your entire family this year. Group costumes can be cheaper (by saving you money on shipping or by buying them all in a package together), easier to pull off and also a ton of fun.
Here are two of our favorite group Halloween costume ideas for your family this year:
1. Alice in Wonderland. There are plenty of fun creatures in this story, from the Queen of Hearts to Alice to the white rabbit to the Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat. Party City has a great assortment of Alice costumes for all ages and in a variety of different styles.
Or check out Pinterest’s great ideas for making your Alice in Wonderland costumes yourself (and scenery, if you decide to throw a theme party or decorate your house to match).
2. The Addams Family. Between Morticia, Cousin Itt and Wednesday, it’s hard to decide which of these costumes is the best. Separate them and they’re not nearly as fun, but as a family, this is one of our favorite classics. It’s easy to pull off, too. Got a wig? Got some black clothes and baby powder for your skin? Got a dress shirt and bow tie? Most of this attire is probably already in your closet.
Other group family costume ideas:
- “The Incredibles”
- A washing machine, dryer and basket of dirty clothes
- A sea monkey family
- A BLT sandwich (two pieces of bread, lettuce, bacon, tomato)
- The Jetsons
- The Flintstones
- Any TV family, from “Charles in Charge” to “Good Luck, Charlie”
Want to save money on other shopping for your family? Check out these babies and kids coupons.
Other articles you might also enjoy: