2014 Fashion guide: Go glam with sequins
By Brittany Anas
Sequins: They’re not just for the holidays anymore. Why wait another 364 days to let your outfit shimmer? Sequins — once a holiday staple — are ready to infuse our wardrobes with a lil’ personality year-round in 2014. Our fashion crystal ball predicts you’ll find them in more than just metallic colors or black. Expect a full-on rainbow of the fun decals. Sequins add a little extra interest to a striped T-shirt or some all-out glam when they’re detailing a skirt.
Piperlime — one of our fave online shops where style icons like Jessica Alba and Olivia Palermo show off their favorite pieces — is sparkling with gorgeous sequin pieces.
Here’s a few ways to embrace sequins in 2014, courtesy of Piperlime, where you’ll earn 6 percent Cash Back on your purchases with ShopAtHome.com.
So you like your trends in small doses? Got it. Give a pop of glamour to your outfits with some sequin detailing.Here’s few of our favorite pieces that have a little unexpected shimmer.
- Vintage Havana Pocket Sweater, $49. A black and white striped sweater with a gold sequined pocket.
- Port striped sequin scarf, $178. A Kate Spade gem — this Parisian-inspired, nautical striped navy and cream scarf has a little glitz embellishing the bottom row of stripes.
- Sabine trim tribal mini, $89. A band of gold gives a modern update to this tribal mini skirt.
- Enamel bracelet, $22. Sequins encrust a gray and black enamel bracelet taking it up a style notch.
Go “all in” with the sequin trend:
You’re ready to embrace sequins in all their sparkly glory? Get ready to be the center of attention in these sequins.
- Pim + Larkin Sequin Mosaic Mini, $89. We love the Pim + Larkin line at Piperlime because of its unique — and affordable — pieces. This skirt has a mosaic of colorful sequins and is a total statement piece. Let it steal your outfit’s spotlight, pairing it down with stud earrings and a soft gray T-shirt. A similar look: Pim + Larkin pink sequin mini with hints of rose gold. On sale for $34.97 — plus an extra half off for a limited time.
- Aphrophite hand-beaded top, on sale for $59.99. Gold sequins drip from the neckline of this top — which comes in blush or olive.
- Tilly Silk Sequin Tank Dress, on sale for $216.97. A Rachel Zoe pick, this “military green” dress is made from 100 percent silk georgette. Look close and the dress has a gorgeous geometric detailing.
Read more articles about Piperlime here.
Other articles you might also like:
- Save big at Old Navy’s after-Christmas sale
- Shop runway looks from Victoria’s Secret’s 2013 Fashion Show
- How to get a professional looking blowout — at home