2014 Fashion Guide: Get in on the metallic trend
By Brittany Anas
Metallics feel so futuristic. So … 2014.
Golds, silvers and bronzes have been shimmering down the runway — with models rocking the trend from head to toe. (Or from headbands to stilettos). The periodic table of elements is ready to add a little energy to our closets and makeup bags this coming year with luxe details and pops of metallic shades. We love this trend for winter because it gives a glamorous update to go-to sweaters-and-jeans combos. In the summer, we’ll be embracing the metallic trends on strappy sandals and jewelry. Year-round, we’re embracing bronze eyeshadow for goddess-inspired beauty.
As we approach 2014, we’re previewing some fashion and beauty trends that are in our future. The other day, we explored how to rock a menswear look — from structured blazers for a sophisticated look to casual, tomboy-inspired looks.
Here’s a few ways to wear metallics. There’s a little something for everybody, including those who prefer a subtle update to those who proudly proclaim the “robot” to be their favorite dance move and are ready to go “all in.”
We shopped Bloomingdales — where you can 3 percent Cash Back on your purchases –for some metallic beauties. Here’s our fave finds.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs metallic leather strap watch, $175. A metallic gold brushes the leather band for a statement accessory that you can mix and match with dressy or casual outfits.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs iPhone wristlet, $128. Metallics don’t just come in gold and silver hues. This wristlet, perfect for a night out, shimmers in blue or magenta with an unexpected pop of color.
- Metallic flip skirt, $68. Perfect for New Year’s Eve paired with black or white. Come spring, mix and match this bronze metallic skirt with a pastel — like a soft, blush pink — and some metallic jewelry.
- Nicole Miller metallic dress, $330. Lace + florals + metallic? Hows that for a pattern trifecta. Make this your “IT” dress for 2014 — starting with New Year’s Eve. Perfect for swanky parties, nights out downtown or dates to the theater.
- Bobbi Brown cream shadow, $25. In shades like “beach bronze” or “galaxy,” this velvety cream shadow lasts all day.
Read more articles about Bloomingdale’s here.
Other articles you might also like:
- 2014 Fashion Guide: How to rock the menswear trend
- Shop runway looks from the 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
- Pantone reveals ‘radiant orchid’ as the 2014 Color of the Year