5 designer-inspired spring looks starting at just $14
By Brittany Anas
Our motto: Invest in classics, save on trends.
Sure, some of the “trends of the moment” that parade down the runway confuse our fashion senses. How do you even wear a V-neck that low? Say what?! High rise denim is in? Our generation called those “mom jeans.”
But when you see a refreshing new look that you want to capture from the wild (read: mall) and put in your closet for captivity, ask yourself, “Will this stand the test of time of another few seasons?” If the answer is “no,” then you of course don’t want to blow your entire year’s clothing budget on it.
We’ve scouted out 5 of spring’s trends — and found ways you can save major money on them. All of these pieces also have some classic elements to them, while still drawing on the trend, lending them more staying power in your closet. We love Piperlime for its selection of designer looks, as well as steals.
(Money-saving tip: Earn up to 6 percent Cash Back from Piperlime with ShopAtHome.com, plus access other great deals).
- Aztec prints: Symmetrical prints with bold pops of color have made this trendy pattern perfect for music festivals and lazy summer weekends and on loose-fitting maxis and blouses. But, this season, the Aztec prints are getting some play on more tailored pieces, too, like this $79 mini skirt from Piperlime. The beaded geo print design plays with a red, blue and gold color scheme.
- Cut outs: The runways have been flaunting peek-a-boo cuts for the past few seasons. But, for most of us, there are very few — if any? — occasions where we’d be able to wear a sexy geometric cut out along our sides or in our midsections. That’s why we’re loving the more-subtle, but still-chic, cut-outs on this $59 Skies are Blue Soleil Top from Piperlime.
- Bold florals: Florals are a classic spring-time staple. This fall, they are blooming in bold colors and mixing with pastels for a watercolor illusion. We spotted this Pim + Larkin Floral Blouse with flutter sleeves on sale at Piperlime for just $44.97. Pair it with jeans and flat sandals for a weekend look, or layer it under a blazer with a navy pencil skirt for a work-appropriate ensemble.
- Poms: A spring 2014 trend that we’re majorly loving are these delicate little poms adorning everything from scarves, skirt hemlines and necklaces. This Olivia Palermo-picked Mar Y Sol Caracas Sisal tote handbag for $115 gets added interest with multi-colored poms. (Pictured)
- Mirrored aviators, $14. The designer brand will run you about $160. We found a pair of fun mirrored aviator sunglasses at Urban Outfitters for just $14. (Pictured)
Read more articles about Piperlime here.
Other articles you might also like:
- Rain, rain come our way: Our favorite spring coat and umbrella combinations
- Spring forward! Lace, watercolor prints and other trends to look forward to
- Sarah Jessica Parker launches shoe line for Nordstrom