5 music festival-inspired looks live from Coachella and starting at $10
By Brittany Anas
Weekend one of Coachella is all but a memory and weekend two is on the horizon. Didn’t get in on the music festival scene this spring? Your pocketbook is probably thanking you — and you can still get inspired by the laid-back, bohemian-chic outfits that rule the lawns and the crowds of music festivals. The look: Effortless and cool, without a care in the world. Don’t worry about exact matches. Just pay close attention to balancing out your pieces — making sure that flowy pieces are paired with more fitted pieces for a cohesive, carefree look.
We’re shopping looks at Forever 21, which has affordable price points — plus you’ll score 3 percent Cash Back. (Go ahead and stash the money you save into your Coachella 2015 fund).
- Sand & Stone Maxi Dress. Two music fest must haves come together in one look: Tribal print and a maxi dress! The side slit on this flowy dress will show off your strappy sandals and some delicate anklets. We’re loving that this dress comes in a red color scheme or a blue one — both with halter tie necks. ($16.80)
- Draped Woven Pants. Trending this spring are wide-leg pants that have a chic, but bohemian look — and are just as comfy as sweatpants. We’re loving these taupe pants that might not fare well on a festival lawn prone to grass stains, but our perfect for a warm afternoon or night downtown. Pair with a soft, fitted white tee and layer some necklaces of different lengths for a complete look. A satin waist band gives them a sophisticated touch. ($22.80)
- Crocheted Trapeze Cami. Adjustable spaghetti straps on this looser-fitting cami give you control of where you want this pretty tank to sit. The crochet has a Woodstock-feel, but the fit and uneven hem give it a 2014 update. Give it a go with denim — either by wearing with jeans or underneath a lightweight denim jacket. ($22.80).
- Wanderer Infinity Scarf. This scarf incorporates a few of our favorite trends: Dainty pom-pom trims, an Aztec print and bright colors. Circle this scarf around a solid T-shirt or a solid-colored maxi dress and you’ve got an instant haute-hippie look. ($9.80)
- Desert Cutie Floppy Fedora. A summer-time essential, this floppy hat can be tossed over second day, wavy hair or a fishtail braid. It will protect your face from sun rays — and keep you looking stylish. Wear to the pool or with a casual outfit. ($16.80)
Read more articles about Forever 21 here.
Other articles you might also like: