5 must-have spring maxi dresses starting at $12.80
By Brittany Anas
Give us one relatively balmy day in the 60-degree range and we’re already fast forwarding to summer in our imaginations. (Unless you’re in the balmy south, there’s surely a wet spring snowstorm between now and summer to jolt us back into reality).
While it may still be too crisp for summer dresses in most regions of the United States, the fashion gods have a fair compromise: The maxi dress. The longer dress (perfect for layering as it plays well with leather jackets, bohemian cardigans and lightweight surplus jackets) is one that comes in year-after-year — but surprises us with new prints and hemlines. A couple of years ago, the high-low (let’s call it a mullet hemline) was all the rage. This year, midi lengths and unique cut-outs are trending. We’re also taking note of lots of spaghetti straps.
Here are 5 maxi dresses that we’re loving from Forever 21, where you’ll earn 3 percent Cash Back on your entire purchase courtesy of ShopAtHome.com. They start at just $12.80!
- Jersey knit maxi dress, $14.80. We love the color palette this dress comes in: Khaki, aqua or olive. Try pairing a black moto jacket and some booties with the khaki dress for a sophisticated — yet effortless — look. Metallic necklaces mix beautifully with olive. Give the aqua dress an extra splash of spring with a semi-sheer scarf with subtle striping for $8.80. Let this basic spring maxi dress be a building block in your spring wardrobe, ready to mix and match all season long.
- Draw the line maxi dress (pictured), $12.80. Preppy and nautical, this micro-striped dress comes in heather gray and black or navy and white. The slight V-neck and spaghetti straps make for a fun alternative. Come summer, this dress will be worn best over a bathing suit and on the beach with big sunnies. ‘Till then, try it with a delicate necklace and some cognac sandals.
- Clever Cut Maxi dress, 22.80. A sexy side slit (so very J. Lo on the red carpet!) and a cut-out in the back makes this maxi ready for a night out. Let the detailing steal the attention and pair with minimal jewelry and a bold lip. Comes in black, cobalt or red.
- Lush Botanical Maxi Dress (pictured), $27.80. Summery botanical prints in lush greens, a tie waist and a round neckline makes this a quintessential, warm-weather maxi. For an instant outfit, pair with strappy sandals and a beaded necklace, like this short, knotted beaded necklace for $6.80.
- Beyond Bohemia Maxi Dress, $22.80. We’d be remiss not to mention a boho-style dress in our round-up. The loose, flowy silhouette of maxi dresses lend themselves to a bohemian-chic look — one that’s especially relevant during festival season. We especially love the strappy cutout back on this dress that gives it unique detailing you’d expect from an expensive boutique.
Read more articles about Forever 21 here.
Other articles you might also like:
- Funny pants! Shop the flattering pants stylish comedian Amy Poehler loves
- Spring forward: Lace, watercolor and other trends to look forward to
- Sarah Jessica Parker launches shoe line for Nordstrom