5 top tips for planning a destination wedding
The February day of love is also a big day for marriage proposals. In fact, last year four million couples got engaged on Valentine’s Day.
Plus, the wedding season is creeping up. The busiest time of year for weddings starts the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.
Smartmoney.com reports that destination weddings are more popular than ever.
First, destination weddings tend to cost about 7 percent less than a traditional ceremony, according to Smartmoney.com. Fewer guests attend (an average of 47 verses 165), which also keeps the ceremony intimate. Not to mention, it’s fun to go on a celebratory vacation with your closest loved ones.
If you are planning or considering a destination wedding, here are some things to consider:
1. Check the weather. And be prepared for last-minute changes if you’re planning your beach wedding during hurricane season, which incidentally is one of the most popular times of year to wed.
2. Check nuptial packages at resorts to save money and simplify. The website Marry Caribbean offers everything you could need to plan a Caribbean wedding, from destination tips, hotel deals and special packages.
3. Consider buying a special destination-wedding dress, designed not to wrinkle or stretch in the heat. Many bridal stores, such as David’s Bridal, offer a special category for destination dresses.
4. Learn the laws. Make sure you’re familiar with the laws of the country you are visiting. Some require you visit for a certain period of time (such as seven days in England) before you can have a legally binding ceremony, according to theknot.com.
5. Plan a “weddingmoon”. Many companies offer ways to combine your wedding and honeymoon in one trip. Sandals Resorts offer a variety of weddingmoons.
Sandals also offers “familymoons” — Caribbean destination weddings that unite two families. The sand ceremony starts at only $100.
Tip: Don’t miss Sandals’ helpful online guide to planning a destination wedding.
Also, book through ShopAtHome.com and earn 3 percent cash back. Check out the other Sandals Resorts coupons, too, such as save up to 65 percent at Grand Pineapple Resorts in Jamaica and Antigua, plus 3 percent cash back.
You might also enjoy: