5 best new travel electronics
By Aimee Heckel
We’re suckers for new gadgets and gizmos. Mix that with traveling, and you’ve got an obsession.
As quickly as technology is advancing, it’s hard to keep up with all of the latest electronics. That’s why we’ve channeled our obsession to your benefit. Here are our favorite new electronics for travel.
1. The digital Polaroid camera, $249.95, from Hammacher Schlemmer. And no, that is not an oxymoron.
There’s something immensely satisfying with holding your pictures in your hands. There’s something thrilling about the Polaroid concept of instant photo development. But there’s something even better yet with the precision of a digital camera that can get you exactly the photo you want, or you can reshoot. Why choose one feature when you can have all three? This camera was developed by Polaroid — no knock-offs here.
2. Travel luggage scale, $39.99, from Sharper Image. With so many strict weight restrictions on bags these days, this small and simply tool will come in handy to make sure you don’t get charged extra. It can weigh bags up to 99.8 pounds, and it’s small enough to stash in a small pocket in your suitcase.
3. High-winds umbrella, $79.99, from Sharper Image. This umbrella can withstand winds up to 70 miles per hour without tearing or flipping inside out.
4. Travel UV sanitization wand, $39.99, from Sharper Image. We wish you didn’t need to get one of these, but if you are staying in a less-than-exquisite hotel, well, er, no comment. This wand claims to kill up to 99 percent of bacteria, E-coli and other germs.
Money-saving tip: With all of those Sharper Image purchases, you can qualify for a Sharper Image coupon. Look for free shipping over $50 or $10 off $100 or more, plus an additional 8 percent cash back when you buy through ShopAtHome.com.
5. Private WiFi, privatewifi.com, $9.95 per month. If you travel a lot for business or work on sensitive information while using public wireless hotspots, did you know that it’s pretty easy for a hacker to see any of that information — regardless of the firewalls and software you use. Instead, use Private WiFi, a secure and protected option that makes your cyber presence invisible to hackers.
Money-saving tip: Sign up for Private WiFi through ShopAtHome.com and get a whopping 15 percent cash back. Try Private WiFi free for three days.
You might also enjoy: