5 unusual ways to celebrate Valentines Day
by Melissa Brodsky
Has Valentine’s Day become sort of ho hum? Are you tired of the same old-same old things year after year — cards, flowers and chocolate? Are you thinking you’ve become far too predictable, too “Hallmark Holiday”? Shake it off and pick one of these unusual ways to celebrate this year:
- Go Skydiving: Nothing says love like taking a leap of faith together. And what should you leap off or out of? A plane, of course. What a thrill for you and your significant other! Be sure to take plenty of photographs. You’ll want to remember this one. Soaring Adventures of America is located coast-to-coast and offer hot-air balloon rides, gliders and sky-diving.
- Go International: You know plenty about celebrating Valentine’s Day in your neck of the woods, but how do people celebrate this holiday in other parts of the world? Do a little digging to learn about Valentine’s Day traditions around the world. Then, pick your favorites and use them to surprise your honey.
- Volunteer Day: Spread your love and caring by volunteering as a couple. Sure, it’s not wine, chocolate, and roses, but the good feelings you get from helping others is worth its weight in Godiva chocolate. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, women’s shelter, or hospital. Bake sweet treats and take them to nursing home residents (get permission first), or offer to add some cheer to the home by providing flowers for the common rooms. Shop our many florists to find great deals on arrangements.
- Throw a Party: Valentine’s Day is usually about you and your significant other only, but that doesn’t have to be the case. Instead, you can throw a Valentine’s Day party and include some of your favorite couples. Make it interesting with a role reversal situation. Have the men do the cooking and decorating and the ladies plan and implement the entertainment. Or make it a potluck sort of thing. You can even include single friends as long as you invite an even number of single men and women, This way, no one feels out of place.
- Take a Sexy Class: Really in the mood for a thrill? Take a class together–the sexier, the better. Consider a pole dancing or belly dancing class for couples. Not into dancing? Take a class that teaches the art of sensual massage instead. Lush, The Body Shop or Bath and Body Works have wonderful oils and lotions that are perfect for gift giving AND massages.
Other articles you might like:
Valentine Day apps to make the day sweet
It’s February! Are you ready for Valentine’s Day?
Great outfit ideas for Valentine’s Day
10 healthy Valentine’s Day ideas
Valentine’s Day ideas: A romantic ‘staycation’ with your lover
Get the perfect gadget for your Valentine