5 ways to get rewarded for traveling
By Aimee Heckel
If you travel a lot, you could be making more money doing it.
From apps that reward you for driving without texting, to vehicle advertising, to travel rewards cards, here are some ways to get paid for traveling.
1. DriveScribe. Put down your phone and drive. Now you have a reason to drive without mobile distractions. Download the DriveScribe app onto your smartphone and it will tell you when to slow down and offer helpful tips. It tracks when you drive unsafely, such as speed, fail to stop or use your hand brake.
Best of all, get a friend or family member to sponsor you as a safe driver and you can earn points, which you can redeem for a gift card at various places, such as Dicks Sporting Goods. Make your gift card go farther by using a coupon for Dicks Sporting Goods found here.
Find DriveScribe for free on iTunes.com.
2. Vehicle advertising. You really can get paid to “wrap” your car. Companies like Autowraps claim to pay up to $400 a month to put an ad on your car, if you have the right car and meet other requirements. Paidtowrap.com is another company that says it will pay you to advertise on your car.
Be aware: There are many loopholes with these kinds of offers, so make sure you are informed and stay smart. Read this Better Business Bureau article about vehicle wraps.
3. Ride sharing: Get paid to carpool. Pool Rewards in Washington, D.C., pays eligible carpoolers $2 per day ($1 each way) for each day they carpool to work over a 90-day period. Look for other ride share options in your area.
4. Travel rewards cards. You can earn points for hotels, airlines and more with travel rewards cards, but the truth is, they can be tricky to understand. Read this helpful article about the pros and cons of travel reward cards. And check out USA Today’s favorite travel rewards cards.
5. Cash Back. If you already are planning on booking a vacation, car, hotel, entertainment or even buying travel gear, you can earn Cash Back simply by making your purchases through ShopAtHome.com. Simply go to ShopAtHome.com, type in the website you want to shop on and check out the coupons and Cash Back options. Here is the full list of travel coupons.
For example, get 7 percent Cash Back when you shop through Luggageguy.com, or 8 percent Cash Back from Priceline.com.
Other articles you might also like: