6 ideas for planning a Hanukkah getaway
By Aimee Heckel
If you are looking for a special getaway this winter, consider planning a Hanukkah getaway. Many resorts offer packages and excursions specifically for Jewish travelers.
Here are six fun ideas that caught our eyes.
1. Celebrate in Israel. Save $400 through Travelzoo when you travel to Israel over Hanukkah with Israel Vacations. For $995, travelers can go on a seven-night trip exploring old cities, touring Jerusalem and Galilee, staying and dining in the Dead See region and more.
2. Or plan your own Israel excursion. The weather is great in Israel this time of year, so you can go on a hike, walk around town, visit historical paths and spend time in nature. If you’re looking for lodging, consider staying at a Riminon Hotel.
3. Celebrate close to home with a “staycation” in a nearby city. Treat yourself to a stay at a new hotel, and save money on it by booking through ChoiceHotels.com. Check out these ChoiceHotels.com coupons and pair them with 4 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com.
Read more articles aboutChoiceHotel.com here.
4. Want more inspiration? TotallyJewish.com is a great resource for kosher traveling. It offers a list of kosher hotels, such as the Fairmont Scottsdale in Arizona. This five-diamond southwestern resort has it all — from golf to a spa to four different pools.
5. Score a great deal to other locations. Save money on airfare with Hanukkah flight deals, like these deals through Farebuzz.com.
Save money on your other travel needs, from rental cars to airfare, with these travel coupons.
6. Planning ahead: A completely kosher resort. The Ritz-Carlton Cancun is transforming into a fully kosher destination for Passover in April, according to Ram Destinations. Offerings include gourmet Passover meal, cooking lessons by bestselling “Kosher by Design” author Susie Fishbein and both Sephardi and Ashkenazi services.
Other articles you might also enjoy: