7 last-minute Halloween costume ideas for the fitness freak
By Brittany Anas
Oh man, it’s happened once again: Halloween has snuck up behind you and is booing you for not having your costume picked out, yet. We know, we know. You’ve been busy lifting, training for the gorilla run and juicing.
Maybe you forgot Halloween is on Thursday. Or, hey, maybe your creativity just tends to strike at the last minute? Either way, here’s seven awesome, last-minute Halloween costume ideas that you can scare up with items in your gym bag, closet and maybe a trip to the store. Some of these rely less on the get-up and more “getting into character.”
- Go as a gym selfie on Instagram. If you’ve got gym lovers in your social media circle of friends, you’ve surely seen #instafit #selfies that were sneak-snapped in a gym or locker room mirror. Use a white posterboard to “frame yourself” for the night and decorate it with the instagram logo. Stencil in your Instagram name and have some fun with the hastags. How about about #AwkwardLockerRoomPhoto or #DoTheseSquatsMakeMyButtLookFat?
- The Shakeweight promo guy or girl. If you know the commercial, you love it. Just dress in some gym clothes (a sleeveless T-shirt preferrably to show off your guns). Accessorize with a Shakeweight from Sears, where you can get 4 percent Cash Back and save with dozens of coupons. (Read more articles about Sears here).
- A referee. Got a black and white striped T-shirt? You’ve got yourself a costume. Pair with some black shorts or a skirt and some knee-high white socks and accessorize with a whistle. To be snarky, tie a blindfold around your eyes. This will resonate with any sports fan who thinks the ref jilted their team. Which is every fan ever, basically.
- Lindsey Vonn and Tiger Woods. Oh who doesn’t love a good couples’ costume based off a scadalous love story? Just gather up your snowboarding and golf gear and carry around some gossip mags featuring the couple.
- A zumba instructor. Put on everything neon in your closet and pair with a headset. Smile a lot. Dance even more.
- A super fan. Halloween coincides with a wonderful time of year for sports fans — it’s near the World Series, yes. And it overlaps with basketball, football and hockey season. Take one for the home team and layer on all of your fan gear and face paint. Or just have somebody roll you to the party in your lucky armchair.
- Richard Simmons. Who wears short shorts? Moisturize with some self tanner on your face and find the most flamboyant workout outfit that you can squeeze yourself into. Don’t be afraid of sequins or tie-dye or sequined tie-dye. Bonus points for each time you shout “Party off the pounds!” Oh, and you’ll need a good wig.
Other articles you might also like: