Nautical & nice: 7 ways to get in on the spring trend for cheap
By Brittany Anas
Nautical-inspired pieces and prints are crisp, classic and make us feel like we’re a cast member on “Revenge” — the hit show that on ABC that is lush with Hampton’s drama.
The good news about nautical print: It comes into style every single spring. And every February, we start wishing we could fast forward to spring so we can wear these preppy and prim ‘n proper styles.
We’ve sailed the web and found the cutest nautical inspired prints and pieces — all for under $100. Just call us your deal captain.
• Bow to stern scarf in mustard from ModCloth for $7.99: We love this polka dot scarf because can be tied around the neck. (Bowtie pointing to the side for a polished look). Or it can be worn as a belt, looped through your jeans or to cinch together a dress. Or, It can be worn as a headband for a lady-like, retro look.
• Women’s canvas boat shoes in navy blue and stripes from Old Navy for $26.94: These shoes are comfy and have a laid-back, I’m-ready-for-summer look. Wear them on casual Fridays with boyfriend jeans and a loose knit sweater.
• Multi-stripe ponte skirt from Banana Republic for $79.50: This skirt is a smart investment because it will forever be in style. Stripes aren’t going anywhere. For fun, pattern mix it with a floral blouse. For straight-face seriousness, wear it with a structured, matching blue blouse.
• Striped Valance boatneck shirt from Anthropologie for $68: Frilly and cute. This statement shirt can be worn with jeans or pattern mixed with printed pants. For a quintessential spring-time look, play with primary colors — wearing it with skinny jeans that are red, bright blue or mustard.
ModCloth has lots of nautical closet treasures. Click here for ModCloth coupons + 10 percent cash back offers from ShopAtHome.com.
Other articles you might also like:
• Rock it or Mock it: Ice cream prints, velvet swimsuit and ‘hamburglar stripes’
• 3 Grammys stars we suspect broke the no-cleavage rule
• Last-minute gifts that have us head over heels in love
• Rules for shopping the clearance racks and where to find this month’s best sales
• PETA scolds Beyonce for wearing iguana, python leather at Super Bowl
• New York Fashion Week Designer Prabal Gurung to launch Target line
• The best Valentine’s jewelry starting at just $6