Best baby bumps at the Golden Globes
By Aimee Heckel
Forget predictable empire-waist dresses and mumus.*
* Although there are some oddly sexy mumus out there these, days, like this black mumu from Revolve Clothing, $162, and this Tigerlily Sarasa Printed Mumu from Free People (hello!), $180. Hmm, who knew?
The pregnant celebs at the Golden Globes Sunday night were some of the most glamorous, best-dressed on the Red Carpet.
As always, Kerry Washington stopped the show, but Olivia Wilde was our favorite. Here is a look at what Wilde wore, why it worked and some ways to incorporate it into your own wardrobe if you happen to bursting with baby yourself.
What she wore: A floor-length, long-sleeved green sequin Gucci gown.
Why it worked: First, the stunning color. The darker shade of emerald green was form-flattering, but the sparkles made it fun and glamorous — and the light reflecting off the sparkles accentuated the bump. In a good way.
Long sleeves are often a great option for women farther along in their pregnancy, because the weight gain never seems to stick to just your mid-section.
Bonus: This dress was long enough that no one could see her shoes. Perhaps she was barefoot. Or wearing slippers. We will never know, but I bet she was more comfortable than most of the Silver Screen stars at this event (case in point: Emma Thompson carrying her heels to the podium).
Three ways you can wear it:
1. The Etsy designer, Lydress, makes an emerald-green, maternity evening gown for just $55 — although this one is in velvet, not sequins.
2. Anti-velvet? Or looking for something a bit cooler for the spring? This handmade, hand-beaded cocktail dress from Lydress is $55 and made out of polyester and spandex.
3. Go form-fitting like Olivia Wilde, with this slate, long-sleeved Isabella Olivier cocktail dress from A Pea In The Pod, on sale for $119. Use the coupon code JANPEA14 and get free shipping when you spend more than $150, through today.
Save money on purchases for your babies and kids with these coupons.
Other articles you might also enjoy:
- Golden Globe parents shine on the red carpet
- Organize your home with this Container Store mega sale
- Our 2 favorite Etsy shops for little girls