Banana Republic, Milly limited-edition ‘Hampton’s’ collection now online
If you’ve ever crushed on any of the outfits in the drama television series Revenge that takes place in the swanky Hamptons, you’ll love Banana Republic’s latest collaboration. The store has teamed up with Milly founder and designer Michelle Smith for a limited-edition capsule that was inspired by the Hamptons, where summer vacation meets sophistication and a bit of prep.
Smith’s capsule collection now in stores has 60 pieces she designed for Banana Republic, and it shows that you don’t have to be a Hampton’s millionaire to look like a million bucks. (For example, her women’s apparel pieces range in price from $40 to $165).
For the first time ever, Smith designed menswear — taking note from her own husband’s style and adhering to the philosophy that a man can never have too many polo shirts.
Smith’s menswear pieces range in price from $24.50 to $64.50 and they include striped polo shirts, woven V-neck T-shirts and some bright shorts in a blue floral print as well as a “pool green” color.
For the women’s collection, expect classic neutrals with splashes of neon, which is trending this summer; beaded collar lines on T-shirts; preppy medallion prints; color-blocking on dresses and chevron stripes. The capsule just feels like summer, with cheerful coral, pinks and lime mixed with neutrals.
The pieces in the collection are meant to be both appropriate as beachwear and city wear.
“It’s a very positive, happy collection and I think the colors and patterns really capture the modern spirit of summer,” Smith said in a news release that advanced the debut of her collection.
Here are our favorite five pieces from the collection. (When you buy through ShopAtHome.com, you can earn 3 percent cash back on your Banana Republic purchases).
- Soft-wash ‘reddish orange’ V-neck T-shirt for men, $24.50
- Light blue pique polo with a paisley lining for men, $49.50
- Medallion print roll-sleeve top for women, $89.50
- Pink circle embroidered pencil skirt, $89.50
- Neon hibiscus coated tote, $130
Other articles you might also like:
• Not another tie! Father’s Day gift ideas for the debonair dad
• Seven swimsuit secrets you’ll swear by
• 3 ways to get a full-body work-out while playing with your kids in the pool
• Target jumps on bridal bandwagon with new, affordable wedding dresses
• Backyard style: Easy ways to create an outdoor cinema for movie night