Black Friday Funnies: Memes, jokes, ‘South Park’ episode, oh, my!
Coming soon to a mall near you: It crawls. It creeps. It eats you alive. Run! Don’t walk! From … Black Friday sales!
OK, OK. So, comparing the most notorious shopping day of the year to The Blob might be a tad over-the-top, but with so much buzz around the sales happening the day after Thanksgiving, it’s hard not to poke some fun at the whole thing.
Need a giggle or two as you plan your Black Friday strategy? If you like your humor a little more on the adult side of the laugh spectrum, you might start with the recent South Park episode, Black Friday, where the boys prepare to battle for next generation gaming devices, Game of Thrones style.
“I have learned of a dark magic at work: The day after Thanksgiving the first 30 people inside the mall get 80 percent off whatever they want,” Cartman announces. “They are calling it Black Friday. … If we plan, strategize and fight together we can be the first people inside on Black Friday and use the 80 percent to get the gaming systems we need to survive.”
If you like your humor squeaky clean, here’s a good one from a ShopAtHome.com staffer:
Grandma and Little Martha were at a Black Friday sale where you could buy cardigan sweaters for $5 a piece, with a limit of six. Grandma thought this would be a good opportunity for a math lesson.
Grandma: Martha, if I gave you two cardigan sweaters and then two more and another two, how many would you have?
Grandma: No, you must have misunderstood. If I gave you two cardigan sweaters and then two more and another two, how many would you have?
Grandma: Martha! Let me try this another way. If I gave you two diamond necklaces and then two more and another two, how many would you have?
Grandma: Excellent. Now, one more time, if I gave you two cardigan sweaters and then two more and another two, how many would you have?
Martha: Ten! You buy me a cardigan sweater every year! I have four at home! How about a diamond necklace this time?
Finally, if you prefer a good meme, laughs with the potential to go viral, here are a few we threw together in honor of Black Friday. Now, run, don’t walk, to snag you favorite store circulars — it’s shopping time!
To get you started, here are a few of the great deals we can’t wait to snag on Black Friday:
- iPad Mini Wi-Fi 16 GB, $299 plus a $100 Walmart gift card at purchase
- 32-inch LED HDTV, $98
- Barbie Big Box Playset, $35
- iPhone 5c, $45 plus a $75 Walmart gift card
- iPhone 5s, $189 plus a $75 Walmart gift card
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7-inch with 16GB Memory (Previous Generation) in black, $99
- Apple iPad 2 16GB with WiFi, $299
- Insignia 39-inch Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV, $169.99
- Up to 160 Blu-Ray titles, $3.99 each
- Nook 7-inch HD 8GB Tablet, $79
- Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones, $119
- Nikon L320 Camera, $99
- Razor folding kick scooter, $19
- Men, women and kids sleepwear, $5
- 7-cup Cuisinart food processor, $59.99
- GPX DVD player, $19.99
- 32-inch Apex LED HDTV 720p, $139.99
- 1/2 carat T.W. diamond solitaire earrings, 179.99
- 50 percent off all toys from Fisher-Price, Playskool, Little Tikes, Barbie, Disney Princess, Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Nerf, Tonka, Crayola, Play-Doh and Step 2
Other articles you might also like: