Try these celebrity beauty tricks for New Year’s Eve
By Brittany Anas
Clinking glasses of champagne, dancing the night away in a little black dress and getting driven around by a chauffeur. An elegant night out on the town on New Year’s Eve is our little glimpse into what it’s like to live the high-rolling life of a celeb. (Even if that chauffeur is a cab driver and you’ve got a coupon for that surf-and-turf you ordered at dinner). And for just a night, your friends and their cell phone cameras totally count as paparazzi.
Here’s some celeb beauty secrets that you can easily steal while you’re getting glammed up for a New Year’s Eve night out. We shopped Sephora for the beauty products because for a limited time you can earn 10 percent Cash Back on your purchases from ShopAtHome.com. Plus you’ll score free shipping and free beauty samples.
- Lip plumper that’s better (and cheaper) than botox. Pucker up for that midnight kiss with Buxum Full-On Lip Plumper. The best-selling lip gloss temporarily gives lips a more voluminous look. Another option Too Faced Lip Injection. The patented formula uses a blood vessel dilating technology to fake a sexy Hollywood pout — without the visit to a plastic surgeon.
- Extend your hairstyle into New Year’s Day. You and the curling iron spent a long time crafting the perfect Hollywood curls. Or perhaps you stopped into the salon for a complex updo. Busy celebs skip shampoos with the help of dry products. If you were out partying late the night before and don’t have time to go through the full beauty routine again in the morning, try out Bumble and Bumble’s “Pret-a-Powder.” The powder is a dry shampoo that extends your style and blowout and adds volume. The hair powder absorbs oil and works for all types of hair textures. (Celeb tip: Hair stylist Mark Townsend whose client list includes Jennifer Lawrence told Harper’s Bazaar that he sprays hair pins with dry shampoo before placing them in the hair).
- A quick brow or above-the-lip wax. Anastasia Soare was inspired to create this Pro Wax Kit after receiving requests from her celeb clients who wanted a travel wax kit they could use to maintain their brows between regular salon visits. The kit includes professional-grade strips and sticks that are the same used by Anastasia in her salon. Instead of trying to get a last-minute appointment at a salon, give your brows a quick update from home.
Read more articles about Sephora here.
Other articles you might also like:
- Facing forward: 14 beauty products that showcase 2014’s ‘it’ color
- How to get a professional looking blowout — at home
- New Year’s Eve statement pieces that will complete any outfit