The three best Christmas movies to watch with your kids
By Aimee Heckel
The presents are unwrapped. The only thing left to do now is enjoy the gifts. Well, that and clean up the mess, make something for dinner and eventually take down the tree and lights and — how about a movie and some relaxation first?
Enjoy the holiday season for just one more day.
Here are our three favorite Christmas movies that you can watch with your kids — and a little bonus fun for the biggest of fans.
1. “A Christmas Story.” This 1983 classic, set in the ’40s, follows little Ralphie’s wishes to get a Red Ryder B.B. Gun. You know, the one that will “shoot your eye out.”
Did you know you can visit the house from the movie? The Christmas Story House is located in Cleveland, Ohio — across the street from a museum where you can see all your favorite paraphernalia from the movie. Including a leg lamp.
Read more articles about Think Geek here.
2. “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.” Although there is a bit of “adult language” in this cult classic, Chevy Chase is funny enough to make most parents forget. There are so many incredible one-liners from this slightly cynical, oh-to-relatable spoof on the Griswold family Christmas.
Did you know you can pick up “Christmas Vacation” paraphernalia, like the eggnog moose mug, online? Hang Clark Griswold’s famous car on your tree. New this year: A miniature version of the mega-illuminated Griswold house, $149.99.
Oh, and don’t forget the flaming sleigh.
3. “The Polar Express.” For a more modern Christmas movie that won’t disappoint, rent or buy this 2004 film about a magical train on its way to the North Pole on Christmas Eve.
Did you know you can experience your own ride on the Polar Express? Check out these great packages through the Grand Canyon Railway and Hotel.
Save money on gifts for your kids with these babies and kids coupons.
Other articles you might also enjoy:
- Visit the North Pole for Christmas
- 2 dreamy beach vacations to escape the winter cold
- 3 unique ski vacations