Merry Christmas! Here’s to 11 of our favorite holiday sayings and toasts
Merry Christmas! As we celebrate today, we’ll be raising a glass with our friends and family, and offering a holiday toast to let our loved ones know how much they mean to us. Here are 11 ideas to borrow or inspire you today. As Tiny Tim famously said, “Here’s to us all! God bless us every one!”
- A Christmas wish: May you never forget what is worth remembering or remember what is best forgotten. —Irish proverb
- At Christmas play and make good cheer
For Christmas comes but once a year.
- One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly. —Andy Rooney
- Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone. —Charles M. Schulz
- The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear. —Buddy the Elf
- Here’s to the holly with its bright red berry.
Here’s to Christmas, let’s make it merry. —Anonymous
- Heap on more wood!—the wind is chill
But let it whistle as it will,
We’ll keep our Christmas merry still.
—Sir Walter Scott
- May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions. —Joey Adams
- Here’s to holly and ivy hanging up, and to something wet in every cup. —Ogden Nash
- It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving. —Mother Teresa
- Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to.” —Miracle on 34th Street