Colorado Wildfires: How you can help
As a Colorado-based company, we are deeply distraught by the numerous wildfires burning in our great state, and the devastation that is sweeping through our mountains. We send our thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the wildfires, from the firefighters battling the blazes across our state, to the evacuees forced to leave their homes behind, to the rescue workers laboring around the clock. You are all incredible and we thank you.
Donations are desperately needed. Here are a few ways you can help:
1. Rocky Mountain Healthcare Services is opening up its building for those who need a place to stay with their pets. They need your donations of towels, shampoo, soap and food.
2. The Red Cross is operating shelters and offering counseling, as well as feeding victims, firefighters and volunteers. The Red Cross is asking for donations to its Disaster Relief Fund. You can contribute online by going to www.redcross.org, or call 1-80-REDCROSS. You can also make a $10.00 donation by texting REDCROSS to 90999.
3. The Salvation Army is providing food, clothing and support to victims across the state. You can donate online by going to www.imsalvationarmy.org, or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY.
4. Goodwill is always taking donations and will make sure those donations get to evacuees. Find out more on their website.
Help for furry friends:
5. Pikes Peak Humane Society: You can make a monetary contribution here: hsppr.org. They also need donations of animal kennels, and bottled water for staff and volunteers.
6. The Larimer Human Society: You can make a monetary contribution at www.larimerhumane.org/donate. They need your donation of dry dog and cat food and soft and hard dog treats.
7. Norris Penrose Equestrian Center: Locations in Colorado Springs and Loveland are in need of bales of grass hay for evacuated livestock and horses.
Still want to help?
- Visit the Help Colorado Now website
- Help out volunteer firefighters
Here is a list of volunteer firefighters you can help:
Northeast Teller County Fire Protection District
Green Mountain Falls Chipita Park Fire Department
Boulder Rural Fire Department
Allenspark Fire Department
Glacier View Fire
Rist Canyon Fire
Poudre Canyon Fire
These are just a few of the many ways you can reach out to help those in need. Thank you for your kindness!