Cool kitchen: Gadgets to keep the heat out of your kitchen this summer
By Brittany Anas
If you can’t stand the heat, well, you don’t necessarily have to get out of the kitchen. With the help of some innovative kitchen gadgets and kitchenware, you can stay cool this summer — while still serving up homemade meals for your family.
Step away from the hot stove with these must-have summer kitchen accessories.
- Vegetti! It’s too hot to be boiling spaghetti over the stove. For a cooler (and healthier) option, try spiralizing your vegetables. The Veggetti Sprial Vegetable Cutter transforms your veggies into spaghetti-like noodles. You’ll get the rich veggie flavor, minus the carbs. The spiralizer works great on zucchini, squashes, carrots and potatoes. You can select thick or thin strands and the spiral cutter is dishwasher-safe. Find it at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $14.99, plus save with Cash Back and coupons from ShopAtHome.com.
- Omaha Steaks. Skip the lines at the grocery store and have dinner delivered to you. For no-brainer, delicious meals, order meals from Omaha Steaks. Earn 10 percent Cash Back with ShopAtHome.com. A summer must-have: The Amazing Griller’s Feast that comes with top sirloins, chicken breasts, steak burgers, jumbo franks, potatoes au gratin and steakhouse fries.
- Crock pot. This trusty cooking assistant is the closest we’ll ever have to a personal assistant. Sure, you might put your crock pot to good use for hearty soups, stews and chilis during the winter. But give it a go in the summer, too, as it’s the perfect way to slow-cook barbecue pulled pork or chicken or meats for a taco night.
- Weber style wireless thermometer. Summer is time for some good ole’ fashion cookouts. We’re loving the wireless thermometer that makes sure your meat is cooked just right. It’s pre-programmed with the recommended USDA temperatures and times, so you’ll never have to guess if your meat is done. There’s two steel probes so that you can monitor the variety on your grill. Earn Cash Back and other deals at Target.
- Magic Bullet, Dessert Bullet. Don’t forget dessert! You can turn frozen fruits into creamy treats — without a bunch of extra added sugars, fat grams and calories.
Other articles you might also like: