See those Cosby sweaters at the Olympics? Here’s three ‘winning’ looks
By Brittany Anas
Team USA is catching a lot of fashion flak in the Twitter-verse and social media sphere for its choice of sweaters donned during the opening ceremonies. Some called them Cosby sweaters, reminiscent of Dr. Huxtable’s loud patterned sweaters. Other’s were cracking Ugly Christmas sweater jokes and poking fun that Team USA should win the gold for having the most cringe-worthy opening ceremony look. We’re just waiting for somebody to make a meme blending Team USA figure skater Ashley Wagner’s angry face with the unfortunate sweater parade.
We’re being good sports, though, and have scouted out a few other red, white and blue looks (and gold, too). Here’s some Olympic-inspired looks to show off your Team USA pride.
- Official Team USA line. The sweaters that Ralph Lauren designed for the opening ceremonies may have been a swing and a miss among viewers. But the official Team USA line — designed by Ralph Lauren — is a perfect pairing of patriotic and preppy. We found the men’s and women’s collection at Macy’s, where you’ll get 3 percent Cash Back plus save with dozens of other coupons with ShopAtHome.com. A few of our fave looks: The women’s Team USA long-sleeved T-shirt that’s made in the USA and features “United States Olympic Team” text and Ralph Lauren’s signature pony or the men’s custom-fit polo.
- Metallic gold. Go for the gold. Metallic is majorly in style this year and what better way to wear the trend then while cheering on the USA. (Just be sure to get a true gold — not a bronze). Give Essie’s “Good as Gold” polish a try or give these gold Guess flats a run.
- Check out the official shop: Want to deck out in Sochi style? You’ll find gear for the whole family at the official Team USA shop. There’s even onesies and bibs for the littlest of fans.
Other articles you might like:
- ‘New Girl’ Zooey Deschanel teams with Tommy Hilfiger for dress line
- Designer Peter Pilotto teams with Target for designer collection
- Cold weather style: How to look fashionable in a blizzard