December fashion forecast: Women stay warm with pops of glamour
By Brittany Anas
December style forecast: 100 percent chance of staying cozy and cute for the holiday season, with an occasional sprinkling of sparkles and a touch of gold.
Fashion this month is all about layering and staying warm — while adding pops of glamour here and there. Knit sweaters, pretty clutches and holiday dresses are calling our name.
Here’s five trends from Gap — where you can get 4 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com — to warm up to in December:
- Camo print! From fashion shows in New York to Paris, camoflauge was a recurring and favorite print. Our fave way to rock the trend: Juxtaposing the masculine, neutral print with a pretty pop of pink and gold accents to give it a little GI Jane girl power. This camouflage striped T-shirt has a pretty purple embroidered flower at the chest. The commanding rule of wearing camo? Wear it in moderation.
- Metallic gold. A subtle way to get in the holiday spirit? Shimmery swipes of gold — whether it’s a statement necklaces, a little shimmer on shoes, a belt or colorblocking a sweater, like this cable knit with cream, gray and gold. For a more subtle shine, give this V-neck a try: It’s got a three mini metallic stripes on the corner pocket. (Comes in navy, white or gray).
- Cozy staples. We’d be remiss not to mention the best winter wardrobe staples: Slippers, knit scarves and other adorable accessories that add warmth. Drape a waffle knit scarf over a long sleeve T-shirt or pair with a jacket. How about a pair of (faux) furry slippers to rock on Christmas morning?
- Flannel dress. Yes, please. These plaid dresses channel an apres-ski kinda’ look. For an easy outfit, pair with tights and some ankle boots. To “warm” it up, layer a chambray shirt underneath.
- Clutches. Want a quick wardrobe update, but working on a tight budget during the gift-giving season? One of the easiest and most affordable ways to get a “new look” is by carrying a really great purse. This two-tone leather clutch with shades of red will coordinate wonderfully with holiday outfits.
Read more articles about Gap here.
Other articles you might also like: