We know many of you are currently staying home as much as possible right now, and that it can be especially challenging for those of you with kids. We wanted to share a fun craft project that kids of many ages will enjoy putting their own spin on. What’s great about this project is your kids can use whatever craft items you have at home to customize their aquarium including beads, googly eyes, beans, glitter, buttons, or anything else they can come up with! Here’s the tutorial from CraftProjectIdeas.com
- Craft Glue
- Scissors: Heavy duty and craft scissors
- Acetate or clear plastic sheet (optional)
- 2 Paper Plates
- Beads, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, and any other fun craft supplies you may have.
- Cut a large hole in the middle of a paper plate.
- Turn the cut plate over and paint it silver (or any color!) Paint the middle of the other plate blue for the water.
- Make a few sea creatures using craft supplies! Or paint/draw them onto the dry blue painted plate.
- Twist pipe cleaners into shapes to look like coral
- Glue beads or buttons along the bottom to represent sand. Or draw it on!
- Glue creatures and coral in place. Make sure not to glue anything on the rim of the plate.
- If using plastic wrap or acetate, glue it onto the plate with the hole in it. If not, just glue that plate into the plate with the underwater scene.