This week’s DIY project is kid friendly and perfect for an outdoor summer activity with the whole family. This Popsicle Bird House and Feeder comes from Babble.com
- Colored popsicle sticks
- Hot glue gun and hot glue
*You can use plain popsicle sticks and paint them, or buy colored ones.
- Line up 12 popsicle sticks.
- Create a line of hot glue across the top and bottom. Place a popsicle stick on both. Repeat on the left and right.
- Put dots of hot glue on the ends of these four sticks and place popsicle sticks on top. Follow this pattern to build the walls of the bird house.
- Put hot glue on four sticks and secure them to the front and back sides to create posts.
- Line up two sets of 12 popsicle sticks. Create a line of hot glue across the top and bottom of both, and place popsicle sticks on each.
- Place hot glue on either side of a popsicle stick. Attach to both sets of sticks. Hold to dry.
- Hot glue the top of the posts. Place the roof on the glue. Let it dry.
- Put the rope through the bird house roof and tie a knot with the ends.
- To create a ledge, put hot glue on one of the openings on the front and place a popsicle stick through it.
- Add bird seed inside the bird house.
See the full project including photos and videos here.