DIY of the Week: Pumpkin House Address
Here’s a festive way you can display your address outside your door! This DIY from InMyOwnStyle uses a foam pumpkin so you can use it for years to come. You could also try it with a real pumpkin for a more temporary version.
- Foam Pumpkin
- Hot Knife – This one is $19.99 from Michael’s and you can earn 5% Cash Back!
- Computer printout of your address numbers. Or hand draw it yourself!
- Create your address on your word processor and print out. Center the number printout on the front of the pumpkin. Secure on pumpkin with tape.
- Use the tip of a needle to punch holes right along the outer edges of the numbers.
- Remove the paper to reveal the outline of each number.
- Plug in hot knife and let it get hot. It will take a few minutes. Once heated, place the tip of the hot knife along one number to start cutting following the dotted lines.
- Once numbers or your design is cut out, use a nail file or piece of sandpaper to smooth the cut edges on the pumpkin.
- Put a battery operated tea light inside. Do NOT use a real candle if you are using a foam pumpkin.