DIY of the Week: Straw & Paper Airplanes
These paper airplanes might look funky, but they are guaranteed to fly! Made with simple materials you most likely have on hand, your kids will have fun flying and racing their planes. Here’s the tutorial from DIY Network.
- Paper Straws
- Card stock or thick paper
- Clear Tape
- Start by cutting strips of card stock or construction paper into pieces that are 5″ x 1″. Each plane needs 3 strips
- Take 2 strips and tape them together at the ends to make a 10-inch long strip.
- Create 2 circles, one with the 5 inch strip, and one with the 10 inch strip, and take them to secure.
- Once you have both circles, use a piece of tape to secure the end of the straw inside the large circle, then do the same at the other end with the smaller circle.