DIY Of The Week: Tissue Box Monsters
Supplies:Tissue Box Colored acrylic paint White acrylic paint Google eyes (different sizes) White Cardstock Large pom poms Black sharpie or marker 1 popsicle sticks (optional for the purple monster) Craft knife (optional – adults only) Glue – hot glue is always going to work best when working with large googly eyes and pom poms, but you can also use an extra-strong glue like this one. Just make sure to let it thoroughly dry and press and hold for the glue to take.
- Pull out any plastic inner lining inside the tissue box before you start.
- Paint the outside of the tissue box with white to prime the box. Adding white will make sure the design of the tissue box doesn’t show through the paint.
- Once dry, paint the outside of the tissue box a color of your choice, and paint the inside a different color.
- Outline around the “mouth” of the monster (the opening of the tissue box) with a black marker. This will make the mouth pop more.
- For the purple box, cut 1 popsicle stick in half. Paint the pieces purple and let them dry. Glue 2 small googly eyes to the sticks. Make a small slit mark at the top of the box with the craft knife (adults should help with this part) to push the sticks in.
- Glue large googly eyes to the top of the tissue box. You can add one, two, three or more eyes!
- Cut out large teeth from paper or white cardstock. Glue the teeth to the inside of the tissue box mouth.
- Give your monsters a little more character by gluing some large pom-poms to the top of the tissue boxes.