DIY of the Week: Tissue Paper Stained Glass Frames
These colorful DIY frames are the perfect project for kids and adults alike. Pop your favorite photo inside and you’ve created a beautiful keepsake to enjoy in your home or to give to a loved one as a gift. Tutorial via Michaels.
- Wooden frames. These from Michaels are only 99 cents and currently 20% off with code 20MADEBYYOU.
- Tissue Paper in various colors
- Small paintbrush
- Choose your colors of tissue paper and tear the sheets into small pieces.
- Pour glue onto a paper plate and add a bit of water to thin it out. Should be able to brush on easily.
- Brush glue onto the dram in small sections at a time and add tissue paper. Brush over the tissue paper as well. Overlap colors and be sure to places pieces of tissue paper around the sides of the frame. When you’re done brush one more layer of glue on the entire thing. That’s it!
If you’re still feeling crafty after making these tissue paper stained glass frames, check out these other fun, fall DIY projects.