DIY Of The Week: Unicorn Slime
Have you ever made slime? It may sound weird, but it’s super fun! This unicorn slime is made with glitter glue and 3 different colors for a magical swirly effect! This DIY comes from The Best Ideas for Kids website. Read on for the instructions!
- 1 bottle of Elmer’s glitter glue 6 oz – we used pink, yellow, and blue and repeated the recipe 3 times. Note: we made this with Elmer’s glitter glue. Do not substitute with other glue as the make-up may not be the same and the recipe may not work
- Pink Gold, and Blue Glitter – use lots of glitter to get the same shiny effect.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1½ TBSP of Contact lens solution. **Important: your brand of contact lens solution must have boric acid in the ingredient list. This is what interacts with the glue to form the slime.
- Optional: Add 2 TBSP of water to the glue if you’d like a stretchier slime.
- Get a bowl to mix your slime ingredients in.
- Pour your entire 6 oz Elmer’s Glitter glue into the bowl.
- Add your baking soda and mix in thoroughly.
- Now add your glitter in and continue to mix.
- Slowly add in your contact lens solution (reminder: your contact lens solution should contain boric acid or your slime will not form). Add it in slowly and mix if possible so that you can adjust and ensure you do not add too much.
- Now mix until your slime forms and begins to harden. Take it out and knead, knead, knead. You may be surprised how much you need to knead to really make the slime form. If it’s not the desirable consistency keep kneading. If you find it to still be too sticky, add a little bit of lotion or baby oil to your hands.