DIY Of The Week: Watercolor Coffee Mugs
This DIY Coffee Mug from Southern Living uses materials you might have around your house. Grab a few extra coffee mugs and make it a fun family night activity!
- Plain Coffee Mug
- Nail Polish
- Disposable Tupperware (it will get stained)
- Toothpick or Wooden Skewer
- Parchment Paper
- Fill disposable tupperware with cool water.
- Pour a small amount of nail polish on top of the water slowly.
- Use the toothpick to shift the nail polish and create a design. Do this quickly because the nail polish dries fast.
- Dip the mug into the water and lift straight up. Do not let nail polish get on the rim of the mug or inside the mug.
- Place mug on the parchment paper for 1 hour to dry.
- No need to cure – they are ready to use! If you want to put them in the dishwasher, simply apply a coat of Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe Gloss.