Dress your kids to the nines this holiday for less than $50
By Aimee Heckel
As soon as Halloween is dead and buried, it’s time to gear up for the next big holiday. Before you catch your breath, the turkey will be in the oven and the relatives will be at the door.
Now is the perfect time to pick out your kids’ holiday outfits — before the Thanksgiving demands become overwhelming. Plus, it will allow for plenty of time for shipping and deal-hunting.
To make it easy for you, here’s our look-book of our favorite children’s styles for this holiday season, all totaling less than $50.
For the girls: Tutu cute
They’re fluffy, they’re sparkly, they’re fun and they’re festive. You can’t go wrong with a dress with a built-in tutu or a tutu paired with tights or leggings and a holiday-themed T-shirt — especially for the younger kiddos. Add an embellished cardigan on top and you have a fancy look without discomfort.
Put it all together:
- Center the outfit around a pink and white leopard-print dress with tutu, $14.97, at the Children’s Place.
- Keep warm with a pink fleece flower cardigan, $10, at the Children’s Place.
- Instead of tights, opt for pink knit jeggings, if you have a particularly active or upside-down kind of gal, $16, at the Children’s Place.
- Accessorize with pink glitter bow barrettes for only $2.70.
Total outfit cost: $43.67
Save money: Don’t forget to use Children’s Place coupons to save money.
Read more stories about saving money at the Children’s Place here.
For the boys: Tie it together
Something is amazingly adorable about a little guy in a tie. Or better yet, a bow tie. Design a holiday outfit around a neck tie (if you can convince your guy to wear one). Choose holiday colors, like red or orange. Plaid and argyle are timeless. If you’re feeling lucky, see if you can get him to wear a cap. But don’t spend too much on it, because chances are, it’s going to get lost somewhere.
Put it all together:
- Start with the focal point: a plaid bow tie, $6.75, at the Children’s Place.
- Pair with a simple white striped button-up, $12, at the Children’s Place.
- Add a red argyle vest for the final layer, $16.
- Black chino pants on bottom finish the outfit, $12.
- Unless you can get him in a fedora, $9.71, in which case you win the world.
Total outfit cost: $46.75 (or $56.46 with the hat).
Save money on other products for your babies and kids with these coupons
Other articles you might also enjoy: