Beyonce’s Super Bowl style: Iguana skin, moto jacket and knee-high socks
We hope you didn’t let your pet iguana watch the Super Bowl. He might have recognized one of his friends from the desert reincarnated on Beyonce’s super-sexy bodysuit.
That’s right, the pop-star — redeeming herself with an energetic, live performance for the Super Bowl half-time show — wore a leather bodysuit that was made of pieces of python and iguana skin. (But, don’t worry — not too many of our scaly friends were scalped for the outfit as it was pretty skimpy).
Just days earlier, she admitted that she lip-synced at President Obama’s inauguration, but vowed that she would be singing live during the half-time show. She did just that, and was joined on stage with her former Destiny’s Child soul sisters Kelly Rowland Michelle Williams for an all-out hip-popping, booty-shaking, hair-whipping performance.
We’d call the half-time show a success — considering that singer M.I.A. didn’t flash us the bird and Janet Jackson didn’t just flat-out flash us.
Here are some fashion facts about Beyonce and how you can get a sultry leather look — without breaking the bank (or breaking Human Resource’s modesty rules).
• The half-time show could put New York designer Rubin Singer on the map. He designed Beyonce’s outfit with a Norse Valkyrie in mind, and also designed the costumes for her army of back-up singers.
• Beyonce’s mom has a clothing line at Wal-Mart called “Miss Tina.” One of our favorites from the line is the vivid green pencil skirt for $13.94. Tina Knowles designed and sewed clothes for her daughter and the Destiny’s Child crew when they were first getting their start.
• Moto jacket: Beyonce tossed out her cropped moto jacket into the crowd. Want one of your own? Here’s where to score your very own Beyonce-like jacket.
Black ankle booties: We were “crazy in love” with the black booties cut at the ankle that Beyonce and her Destiny’s Child troupe were sporting. Here’s where you can find similar booties.
Other articles you might also like
• Great outfit ideas for Valentine’s Day
• Human tails, bagel heads, bird poop: The 3 most insane beauty trends
• New York Fashion Week Designer Prabal Gurung to launch Target line
• The best Valentine’s jewelry starting at just $6
• The most versatile neutrals for your closet
• How to score free beauty products