Expedia trip tips: Boost your love life with travel
When’s the last time you and your sweetheart took a vacation?
Studies have found that the amount of vacation time you and your significant spend together is directly correlated with happiness. And The Expedia Pleasure Index (a recent survey conducted by Harris Interactive) reveals that 79 percent of couples who vacation at least three times annually have happy marriages.
And, as if we needed another reason to pack our bags, according to Expedia’s Pleasure Index, vacations correlate to a happy love life even when couples are not traveling. Those who have taken a vacation within the past year, or even within the past four years, are more likely to be satisfied with their love life than those who have not gone on a vacation in five years or longer.
So, whether you need to reignite a lost spark, or just want a break from your busy life to enjoy one another, a romantic getaway is clearly a must. Now that you, too, are convinced, here are Expedia’s top 10 destinations to visit with that special person someone.
1. Las Vegas. Far and away, the most popular destination spot for couples is Sin City.
2. New York. The Big Apple has some of the most iconic spots for romance (read: Central Park, Empire State Building).
3. Chicago. Couples who love live music, night life and delicious food will fall in love with the Windy City.
4. Miami is one of the hottest cities in the United States, and will undoubtedly spice up your relationship.
5. Cancun, Mexico is only a stones-throw away from the states, offering couples that much-needed resort getaway.
6. Orlando, Fla. Time spent on the beach alongside attractions like Downtown Disney make this Florida city perfect for love birds.
7. Los Angeles offers shopping, shows and the beach.
8. San Diego is a beautiful coastal city that boasts plenty of fun-in-the-sun.
9. Seattle is the perfect spot for couples who are looking for a trip rich in food, culture and outdoor activities.
10. Dominican Republic, a popular honeymoon destination, will keep your relationship alive and well.