Wonder where you can experience the “perfect climate?”
By Aimee Heckel
Another major storm with freezing rain? The National Weather Service seems to be stuck on bearing bad news this year.
Let’s get away from it all.
There are several places on Earth that are considered to have the “perfect climates.” Yes, that’s subjective. But that doesn’t stop some cities from promoting their always sunny, warm weather as a great vacation destination.
Here are a few you might want to consider visiting right about now. Brr.
1. Atlixco, Mexico: The weather here is mild and warm — reliably in the low- to mid-80s and only varying by a few degrees throughout the year.
Find hotels in Atlixco through Expedia.com. Save money on your Expedia purchase with these coupons (more than 100 to choose from), plus get 5 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com. Read more articles about saving money at Expedia.com here.
2. Madagascar: The Travel Channel says this African island is one of the sunniest places in the world. It’s also full of interesting wildlife and beautiful landscapes. Madagascar is thought to be one of the next big vacation destinations.
3. Costa Rica: NASA has called Costa Rica’s climate the “healthiest” in the world — which might qualify as perfect for some travelers. Maybe that’s because Costa Rica has a variety of climates to please just about anyone, from beaches to mountains to rain forests to valleys. Here, temps hover between 71 and 81 year round. It’s considered a tropical paradise.
It’s a bit humid on the coasts, so if that’s not your thing, stay inland or visit areas with higher elevation. Costa Rica’s dry season runs from December to April and the rainy season is May through November.
Note: Hotels tend to be cheaper during this period. We think August is the best time to travel to Costa Rica, because it typically experiences a short dry spell, while hotel prices are lower and the crowds are also thinner.
Save money on your other travel needs, from airfare to rental cars, with these travel coupons.
Other articles you might also enjoy:
- Trend report: All-gay vacations increase in popularity
- Inspired by the Olympics? Here are some travel tips to Russia
- Brutal storms lead to sold-out hotels in warm-weather destinations