Facing forward: 14 beauty products that showcase 2014’s “it” color
By Brittany Anas
If you haven’t gotten the memo yet, you’ll see soon: ‘Radiant orchid’ will bloom as the 2014 “it” color. The color experts at Pantone last week spun their magical color wheel and determined that the pretty purple will be the “Color of the Year.” (Actually, they paid close attention to the runways as part of their annual color forecast — seeing what colors were showing up in designs).
Emerald dominated in 2013, as Pantone’s Color of the Year. December is the perfect month to bid adieu to the jewel tone with our holiday accessories, dresses and decor. Come 2014, we’ll be ready to put our best face forward — with shades of orchid woven into our beauty routines.
Here’s 14 beauty products to embrace the 2014 color. (Go ahead, and get a jump start on spring with this gorgeous pastel that has undertones of fuchsia). We shopped our favorite beauty depot — Sephora — for these goodies. When you shop through ShopAtHome.com, you’ll earn 5 percent Cash Back and score other deals on your favorite beauty products.
- Butter nail polish in “opaque lavender orchid,” $15.
- Marc Jacobs Style Eye-con No. 3 in champagne, purple orchid sheen, matte bright aubergine, $42. (Pictured)
- Bobbi Brown High-Shimmer Lip Gloss in black orchid with pearl, $24.
- Clean Rollerball Set, $10. Don’t just wear the color — wear the orchid scent mixed with sandalwood, praline, mandarin and vanilla.
- Flower Power Lip Glaze Trio, $12 (a $41 value). Get peach blossom and lilac, too, in this pastel set.
- Caviar Stick Eye Colour, $26, in “orchid lavendar shimmer.” (Perfect for New Year’s Eve or a girls’ night out).
- Laura Mercier Stick Gloss, $22, in “black orchid.” The darker side of the 2014 Color of the Year.
- Guy Bourdin Holiday Collection Limited Edition Cinematic Eye Shadow, $24. This limited-edition “electric orchid” eye shadow is inspired by legendary fashion photographer Guy Bourdin.
- Aqua liner in bright purple sheen, $23.
- Ombre Bobby Pin-ups, $6, in shades of purple.
- Ribbon Hair ties, $8-$9, that range from soft pinks to bold purples — with orchid inbetween. We love these because they are “no tug” ties, meaning they aren’t tough on the hair. (Pictured).
- Star Powder, $20, in purple to wear over eyeshadow, blush or even lipstick. A little goes a long way.
- Pop Color Temporary hair spray, $18. Save this one for a fun summer night.
Read more articles about Sephora here.
Other articles you might also like: