Feed Mom on Mother’s Day with delish brunch & cocktail recipes
You know that old saying, the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach? Well, it’s true for moms, too.
So, of course, you’ve bought Mom a Mother’s Day card and flowers and maybe even a new book or purse or gift card to her favorite store. Now, it’s time to feed her a delicious brunch, complete with yummy cocktails. After all, she fed you all these years, isn’t it time for you to feed her?
Love You Berry Much Sparkler
- 3 oz VOGA Sparkling
- .75 oz strawberry liqueur
- 2 oz strawberry puree
- 0.5 oz lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp. sugar
- Mint for garnish
Combine VOGA Sparkling, strawberry liqueur, strawberry puree, lemon juice and sugar in a glass. Stir and garnish with mint.
Lemon Chia Fizz
- 3 lemon wedges
- 3/4 ounces simple syrup
- 2 ounces Meyer Lemon Sake
- Louis Roederer ChampagneMamma Chia, blackberry hibiscus flavor
- Chia seeds for garnish
Muddle three lemon wedges, add Lemon Sake, shake and strain into champagne glass. Add Mamma Chia blackberry hibiscus, then top with champagne and splash of Chambord. Garnish with chia seeds and serve in a champagne glass. Serves one.
Red Velvet Icing
- 1.5 oz. ZING Red Velvet
- .75 oz. White Crème de Cacao
- .75 oz. Chocolate Syrup
Shake and strain, serve up in a martini or coupe, garnish with a brandied cherry.
Mamma Chia Banana Breakfast Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup organic oats
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1/4 cup organic agave nectar
- 1/4 cup organic almond butter
- 1 cup organic banana (mashed)
- 1 bottle Raspberry Passion Mamma Chia
In a small bowl whisk together agave nectar, almond butter, mashed banana and Mamma Chia (all wet ingredients). In a medium bowl combine wheat pastry flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon (dry ingredients). Add wet to dry and mix until evenly moistened. For smaller muffins, divide evenly into a 12 cup muffin tin. Can also make 10 large muffins in larger muffin tin. Paper muffin cups recommended. Bake at 400 degrees for about 18 minutes, until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Created by Sage Gordon.
Tropical Fruit Parfait
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 to 4 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Orange Extract
- 4 fruit choices such as finely diced mango, pineapple, grapes, strawberries or whole blueberries
Combine cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, milk and orange extract in a mixing bowl and beat using an electric mixer. Alternate layers of the cream cheese mixture and the fruit in a trifle dish or parfait glasses by either spooning the cream cheese mixture or piping with a pastry bag. Note: Approximately 3/4 cup of each fruit choice allows for 2 tablespoons per layer in parfait glasses. Serves 6.
Ham and Egg Crepe Squares
- 4 Simple Crepes (recipe here)
- 8 slices black forest ham
- 4 large eggs
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Chopped fresh chives
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 4 crepes on a rimmed baking sheet. Place 2 slices ham on each crepe. Crack 1 egg into center of each; fold edges toward center. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until egg white is set and yolk is still runny, 12 minutes. Top with chives. Recipe courtesy MarthaStewart.com.