Where to find the best plus-sized activewear
By Brittany Anas
More brands are expanding their activewear and fitness lines to include plus-sized options so that options go beyond just boring all-black yoga pants and tanks. We’re rounding up a few of our favorite places for plus-sized athletic gear that is on trend, comfortable and will help you along your fitness journey.
A few trends we’re noticing at the gym and on the trails: Brighter-colored workout gear, pattern play and motivational expressions on tanks and T-shirts. Love a traditional black yoga pant? We hear ya’. Look for some that have colorful stitching or some subtle designs to get a swipe of color.
- Lane Bryant: The spring collection at the store has anorak jackets, hoodies, workout pants and capris as well as sport socks with fun prints. Plus, you’ll get an extra 50 percent off workout gear with the code “flowerslb” for a limited time, on top of Cash Back and other great deals from ShopAtHome.com. Our favorite: The knee-length leggings that get pops of bright color with colorful stitching. The Trudry Half-Zip jacket layered over your workout clothes puts a finishing spring touch on your look. (Money-saving tip: Earn up to 3 percent Cash Back and get access to other great Deals at Lane Bryant with ShopAtHome.com).
- Pinks and Greens fitness: Sizes range up to 4XL and there’s a great selection of plus-sized apparel. Our pick: The Print Racerback Tank with a mesh backing. It comes in blue, coral or black and white. Give a pop of color and pattern to your yoga pants with a printed waist on these Katie K active exercise pants. (Earn up to 3 percent Cash Back at Pinks and Greens!)
- Old Navy: The retailer is having a stellar spring break sale, and you’ll find plus-size active apparel starting at just $15. The compression tanks have a great fit with a shelf bra and flared mesh from the empire cut to the hemline. We’re also loving the burnout tanks that come in lengthier cuts — perfect for yoga when you need a snug fit but don’t want your tank sneaking up every time you strike a pose. (Save with Cash Back at Old Navy).
Read more articles about Lane Bryant here.
Other articles you might like:
- 3 unusual ways to avoid that afternoon slump at work
- Loose earphones, slippery yoga mats? Your top gym pet peeves solved
- Do these 4 things to be bikini-ready by spring