Free museum entry for active military members and their families all summer
There couldn’t be a more perfect day to kick off the Blue Star Museums effort.
Starting Monday — Memorial Day — hundreds of museums across the country will offer free admission to all active duty, National Guard and Reserve military personnel and their families. The best part: The free admission runs through Labor Day (Sept. 1). That’s a whole summer’s worth of free museum entries for the families of those that fight for freedom for us all.
The Blue Star Museums program is a partnership run by the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, Joining Forces, MetLife Foundation and the participating museums across the U.S.
Among the participating museums are:
- The Denver Art Museum
- The San Diego Botanic Garden
- The Museum of Modern Art in New York
- The Alamo in San Antonio
- The Sedona Heritage Museum in Arizona
- The Telfair Museums in Savannah, Ga.
- The National Railroad Museum in Green Bay, Wis.
For a complete list of museums, click here.
Please note, an active military ID is required to gain the free entry.
Other articles you might like:
- Free Caramel Macchiato at Peet’s Coffee & Tea through May 26.
- Score a BOGO Wake-Up Wrap coupon with Dunkin’ Donuts app.
- Salute to Savings! Major Memorial Day deals through May 26.