Free photography apps for the iOS and Android devices
by Melissa Brodsky
We never leave home without our phones these days. Not just because they keep us connected but also, the apps we have installed are oftentimes indispensable. One big feature that the iOS and Android phones come installed with is a camera. The convenience of having a camera right on our phones makes life much easier. We are able to capture moments and preserve them without carrying around any extra objects.
There are some fabulous photography apps available, and free, for both the iOS and Android based devices.
- Instagram, also available on the Android. It’s possibly one of the most popular apps on the market. You can take a picture, choose a filter and share them on your social media networks.
- Adobe Photoshop Express: There are a variety of one-touch effects to edit photos. Also, there are filters. And, the original image is saved so you don’t have to worry if you mess up!
- Photo editor by Aviary: This app comes with photo editors and a toolset for customization.
- PicStitch: A simple yet powerful tool to create fabulous collages with your images.
- Muzy: With this app, it allows you to edit images, create collages and share them on your social networks. It has unlimited uploads and storage.
- Photowizard: A powerful picture editor right on your iPhone or iPod. Add effects and filters plus a whole lot more.
- Photoart: Turn your photos into works of art easily and quickly. Paint your pictures with your fingers, add effects and viola.
- Photo & Pic collage: This app is also available for iOS. Create collages from your stored images or just use their library of free form pictures to make fun pictures.
- Pixlr-o-matic: Turn your phone into a retro camera. Voted one of the best photography apps ever, this is sure to please!
- PhotoStudio: A simple camera app designed for amateur and professional photographers. Features 125 unique filters, special effects, and image correcting tools amongst many other necessary and fun things to bring out the best in your photos.
- Pudding Camera: 72 effects allowing the user to take professional-like images. You can choose from different 9 camera types and 8 different film types.
- Camera MX: Combine effects and frames. Share the images on Facebook, Twitter and other compatible networks.
Other articles you might like:
How to see Oscar-worthy movies before they’re out
All-Star NBA games for consoles, tablets and smartphones
How guys use gadgets to help plan their weddings
Why you need these Valentine apps today
6 great parenting sites
5 unusual baby shower gifts