Freebie Friday: Sweet treats!
By Jennifer Osieczanek
Summer is a wonderful season. Bright sunshine, warm nights and fun vacations make it special. Oh, and of course there’s the ice cream. Any day can be a perfect day for ice cream during the summer, and in honor of that fact, yes fact, we bring you a roundup of freebies dedicated to our favorite summertime treat.
- Williams-Sonoma: The speciality retailer is hosting a Junior Chef Class dedicated to making shakes this weekend. The class will teach children how to combine different flavors, from fruit to chocolate, with swirls of sauce and crunchy toppings, to make tasty shakes. And of course you get to sample your creations! The hour-long classes are free and designed for children ages 5 to 12. Parents are required to stay in the store during the class, but will receive 10 percent off same-day purchases. For more information and to register, click here.
- A&W: Mark your calendars for Aug. 6 if you’re more of a root beer float than shake fan. A&W is serving free floats that day between 2 p.m. and closing. Feel like donating for your float? That’s great because proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project. Doing a good deed never tasted so good. Find your nearest A&W location here.
- Starbucks: OK, we get that the coffee giant doesn’t serve ice cream, but Frappuccinos are basically just like shakes. So, with that in mind we include the treat receipts program on our list. Between now and Aug. 17, when you purchase a drink at Starbucks prior to 1:59 p.m., you’ll receive a drink in the afternoon for $2. No, it’s not free, but it’s pretty close. In addition to the Frappuccino option, you can get Teavana Shaken Iced Teas, Fizzio Handcrafted Sodas, Starbucks Refreshers, iced coffee or a smoothie for just $2 (plus tax, if applicable). For more details about the treat receipt deal, click here.
Other articles you might like:
- Freebie Friday: Free stuff for the family!
- Shady lady: Shop the best sunglasses for your face shape.
- ShopGold featured offer: How Happify could improve your life.