Frock n’ Roll: These dresses are ready to party hop through the holidays
By Brittany Anas
Does your social calendar have your rockin’ around the Christmas tree all through December and then partying into the New Year?
You’ll need a dress to keep up with you. Maybe two.
A perfect holiday party dress is a bit formal and fancy — with some festive touches. Bows. Shimmer. Jacquard. Splashes of gold. Deep reds or luxe greens. Or, hey, go with something unexpected like a bright fuchsia or plum color.
Money saving tip: If you’ve got a go-to holiday dress that you’ll be wearing throughout the season, remix it with some different clutches and give it a new ‘look’ with a pair of patterned tights or switch out the shoes. Give one dress a whole new look by changing up your hair style or make-up — glamorous waves with va-va-voom lipstick one night and a soft pink palette another night.
Here’s five perfect holiday dresses to swoon over this winter from Nordstrom, where you’ll earn up to 6.5 percent Cash Back and score free shipping:
- Adrianna Papell lace sheath dress, $148. (Pictured) Lace is giving jacquard and sparkles a run for their money this holiday season. We’re loving the feminine — slightly sexy — material that’s showing up on everything from coats to detailing on blouses. This sheath dress has elegant design elements — a scalloped neck line and a V-neck in the back — that make it fit for a special night. The dress comes in a gorgeous pallette — a cheerful red or a hunter green for the holidays? Or, give the gray a try with some pearls.
- French Connection ‘shimmy’ embellished crepe dress, $298. (Pictured). Swoon. The pale pink-cream color is dubbed “snowball.” We’re head over heels with the shimmery skirt attached. This dress doesn’t need any jewelry and can be worn with simple heels and a pouty pink lipstick. The gold, silver and pale pink embellishments on the skirt are over-the-top in such a great way.
- Donna Morgan lace print shift dress, $118. Shades of wintery blues are delightfully unexpected. The cool colors brighten up the grays and white on this cold-weather, lacy shift dress.
- Sequin trim jacquard dress, $109. Jeweled neckline, check. Dainty pink-and-black jacquard diamonds, you got it. Bands of black sequins circling the hem, yup! It’s like a holiday dress trifecta.
- Milly Panel Silk Party Dress, $435. Bet you never saw this one coming. In a sea of black and golds and traditional holiday dresses, stand out with a pretty — but wintery — floral dress. This Milly dress is winterized with black mesh accents.
Read more articles about Nordstrom here.
Other articles you might also like: