4 fun ways to explore Florida’s Space Coast
By Aimee Heckel
If you’re looking for a unique spin on a warm, beach vacation this summer, head to Florida’s Space Coast.
This eastern coastal stretch of Florida is named for its proximity to the Kennedy Space Center, the former home of NASA’s space shuttle launches, and the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. This history — and with it, an overall atmosphere of adventure and exploration — sets the Space Coast apart from any other coast in the world.
Here are four fun ways to explore the Space Coast this summer:
1. Relax on the beach — 72 miles of beach, in fact. Our favorite beach (and one of the best in the world) is Cocoa Beach. Here, you can watch a space shuttle launch from the sand or watch dolphins and whales in the water. Cocoa Beach is small, but impressionable. It’s no wonder USA Today called Cocoa Beach one of the 10 best beach towns in Florida last year.
Looking for some quiet time with the ocean? Visit the remote, undeveloped Canaveral National Seashore.
2. Watch ships at the port. Port Canaveral is the second busiest cruise port in the world. Go shopping, go camping under the stars or charter a boat.
3. Explore space, from Earth. It wouldn’t be a trip to Space Coast without checking out the Kennedy Space Center. Try out the flight simulator, take a tour of the center and stretch back and enjoy a show at the IMAX theater.
4. Do a “snooze and cruise.” A great way to save money is to combine your hotel and cruise ship experience in one package. For example, the Country Inn & Suites package includes parking, shuttle service, breakfast, pool and Internet access and more. The Radisson Resort at the Port offers lodging, breakfast and transportation to the cruise ships (parking can get pricey and stressful).
Save more money at the Radisson with these coupons — like save 25 percent on your stay — paired with 5 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com. Read more articles about saving money at the Radisson here.
Save money on your other travel expenses to the Space Coast with these travel coupons.
Other articles you might also enjoy:
- What is the top travel website?
- Save money on a spa vacation to Mexico
- Family-friendly vacations to Mexico