Funny pants! Shop the flattering pants stylish comedian Amy Poehler loves
By Brittany Anas
Two things that look great on a woman: A sense of humor and a great-fitting pair of pants. That’s why we’re loving Amy Poehler’s new endorsement of Old Navy’s “pixie pants.” In a quirky new ad for the pants, Poehler plays a hiring manager at a law firm. Not just any ole’ law firm. A law firm that represents cats in criminal trials. Poehler (comedian/actress/Saturday Night Live alumn/Golden Globes host/feline defense attorney) seems sidetracked by the “pixie pants” worn by a prospective employee. We were too.
The new pixe pants are rumored to have a “magic fit” making them universally flattering thanks to a little spandex that lets them cater to your unique shape. The prints range from a classic tuxedo (black with a slim white striped down the side) to peppy prints in spring colors as well as symmetrical patterns. The pants have a skinny cut and hit right at the ankle.
The pixie pants are marked down to $25 now through March 16 at Old Navy. Plus, you’ll get up to 5 percent Cash Back on your Old Navy purchases and other great deals and offers from ShopAtHome.com.
Here’s a few styling ideas for spring’s new “IT” pant.
- Instant, chic outfit idea: Pixie pant in any color or print + loose-fitting V-neck T-shirt (also a cut that tends to be flattering on all) + a denim jacket. Trifecta! Check out this medium rinse, cropped jacket that is an ideal transition piece to pair with summer dresses when the temps are still a little cool.
- Try a turtleneck. They’re back. Hollywood A-listers like Kim K. have been rockin’ turtlenecks. The key to wearing them is balance. A long sleeved one plays wells with the slim tailoring of the pants.
- Wear with a blazer. Transform a weekend look into a work look with some pumps and a blazer. Add some polish with a belt. If you work in a creative office, pop a blazer over a T-shirt and wear a lengthy necklace. If you’re in a more conservative work space, wear a collared shirt or a shell underneath a blazer. We especially love the black-and-white pair for work.
- Go boho. For a bohemian look, wear a longer tank, sunnies and loop a scarf around your neck. The laid-back vibe is finished off with a pair of kicks or leather sandals.
- When in doubt, grab a chambray top and statement necklace. Chambray button-ups and popovers are a great go-to when you’re stuck on what to wear. The lightweight denim lends just the right balance to colorful prints. Try a dark-wash denim with these symmetrical printed pixies.
Read more articles about Old Navy here.
Other articles you might also like: