Gear up for the holidays with a shopping vacation
By Aimee Heckel
There’s Black Friday, Cyber Monday and every day between now and Christmas to get your gifts under the tree.
But if you’re looking for a unique spin on holiday shopping this year, consider booking a shopping vacation.
Whether you’re a shopaholic or just looking for an excuse to explore new streets, there are plenty of shopping-themed vacation ideas. Here are a few that have us singing “Merry Christmas.”
1. Go on a Fifth Avenue Walking Tour in New York. Find some of the best shops and department stores in the nation here. From Armani X to Bergdorf Goodman to Kate Spade, you can find all of the latest fashions here. Fodor’s offers an interactive map through Fifth Avenue. Consider hitting up SoHo, too.
Tip: If you’re taking a leisurely vacation through New York and you want to stop and check your map, get out of the way. Duck into a bakery and grab a table. Whatever you do, don’t stand in the middle of the busy, rushing sidewalk and irritate the locals.
Here’s a helpful article by Lonely Planet on “New York for first-timers.”
2. Visit the fashionable boutiques and shopping districts of Paris. Paris fashion is unbeatable. Period. And there is no lack of options. Put these shops on your must-visit list:
- Karl Lagerfeld’s sleek, minimalist shop.
- Nose, a unique fragrance store.
- Omaya Vintage, where you can find inexpensive treasures.
3. Check out the world’s biggest mall, the Dubai Mall. Explore 1,200 different shops in the Downtown Dubai complex. This mall is more like its own city, with special festivals, and attracts more than 100 million visitors every year.
There’s plenty of entertainment here, too, including an aquarium, ice rink and cinemas.
4. Enjoy Europe’s best Christmas markets. In London, head to the giant Hyde Park seasonal market. After browsing the long line of booths, take a whirl on the Ferris wheel or roller coaster.
Tip: Wear good shoes, because you’ll be doing plenty of walking. Find comfortable walking shoes at Kmart starting just around $30, and take advantage of a Kmart coupon paired with 4 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com for more savings.
Read more articles about saving money at Kmart here.
Looking for cheap tickets to Paris or New York? Check out these travel coupons.
Other articles you might also enjoy: