Holiday gift guide: What to get the traveler in your life
By Aimee Heckel
Finding a great gift for a person who loves to travel is tricky; most likely, they value experiences over things.
Don’t limit your definition of a gift to a physical object. There are plenty of active, destination-inspired gifts that the traveler in your life will love. Here are a few that we wouldn’t mind finding in our stocking:
1. Give a spa day in a special city. That might just be a day trip away, or it might be across country on the beach. Either way, a full day to pamper our bodies and minds and unwind is just what Santa ordered.
Your best bet: Pick up a Spafinder gift certificate, which is good at 20,000 massage, yoga and facial treatment facilities worldwide. Here are some great deals through Spafinder right now:
- Enter to win a $1,000 spa vacation by filling out a survey.
- Join the rewards program and earn free gift cards. Get points for booking appointments online and even just writing reviews.
- Buy one $100 gift card and get 20 percent off the second $100 gift card.
- Save money at Spafinder with these coupons (such as save $12 on all orders of $100 or more) and pair them with 6 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com.
- Read more articles about saving money at Spafinder here.
2. Pick up a gift certificate for a hotel or rental car at GiftCertificates.com. Here, you can even buy a gift certificate for American Airlines. (Or if you’d prefer to buy it through American’s website, you can do that.) Ahem, dear Santa, don’t hesitate to get us a gift certificate to the Ritz-Carlton!
Save more money on other travel purchases, from hotels to rental cars to even entertainment, with these travel coupons.
3. Give a membership to a travel club, like United Airlines’ United Club. For $500 a year, your loved one will get snacks, drinks, wifi, and a much more relaxing airport experience.
4. Contribute to (or set up) a travel gift registry. Add money to this registry for any occasion, including your loved one’s birthday, graduation and wedding. Others can contribute to this, too. A minimum of $25 required in United.com’s registry.
Other articles you might also enjoy: