Gold rush! 6 gilded trends for those who didn’t win the Powerball
Perhaps you spent Saturday dreaming about how you would spend the nearly $600 milllion Powerball jackpot should you be the winner? Your imagination bought a house on a beach, a yacht, spun the globe on lavish travels before going on a shopping spree in Saks 5th Avenue? And then you even came up with deflecting strategies should people call up pretending to be your long-lost relatives, wanting a loan to open up a gourmet Jell-O dessert bar.A girl can dream — right?
But, unless you’re the one lucky winner who bought the ticket from a Publix Supermarket in Zephyrhills, Fla., you’re probably having lotto letdown. Hey, you knew your chances were only like 1 in 175 million, right?
You can still at least look like you struck it rich with one of these 6 gilded treasures. (You see what we did here. We chose one for each number ball.)
- Gold shoes: Twinkle, twinkle little toes. The classic pointed toe pump from Payless comes in a rainbow of colors — including the gold at the end of the arch. These pumps are a fun way to dress up a monochrome outfit. More of a flats kinda’ girl? The Chelsea flat comes in glittery gold, too, and is chic with a rounded toe. Get 8 percent cash back from Payless.
- Pink and gold pencils: So, you didn’t win the lotto. But here’s a set of pencils from Amanda Catherine Designs on Etsy that will sure make you feel like a million bucks. Each pencil has a lil’ saying on it: “Be smart.” “Be charming.” “Be stylish.” And, they’re embossed with gold.
- Gold-dipped flatware: Weren’t born with a silver spoon in your mouth? We’ve got something even better. The five-piece, gold-dipped flatware set from Anthropologie is made with stainless steel and 24K gold for a matte, two-tone finish.
- Black and gold dress: Give ’em a gold shoulder. This lil’ Modcloth number is a classy black knit dress with gold sequins dripping from the shoulders. On sale for $39.99 at Modcloth, where you can also get 10 percent cash back.
- Gold nails: This “Pot of Gold” bottle of nail polish from Forever 21 is just $2.99. One of our favorite nail polish trends is to get a soft pink manicure and gently dust the tips of your nails with a little bit of gold glitter. Don’t worry about precision.
- Earrings: We spotted a pair of studded Tory Burch gold earrings at Nordstrom with the designer’s classic label on it. They’re dainty, but make a huge statement.
Other articles you might also like:
• How to look festive on Memorial Day — without being cheesy
• Summer’s emerald colors have us green with envy
• How to get your best tan ever (without stepping into the sun, tanning bed)
• Chalk it up: How to temporarily color your hair with hair chalk
• ‘Grumpy Cat’ now a muse for fine art, funny T-shirts