Hail to the chic: Stylish all-American looks for less
By Brittany Anas
President’s Day has become synonymous with great sales. In the spirit of today, let’s call it democratic pricing — deals for the people. And what’s more American than red, white and blue, plus denim? Maybe pie. But that’s about it.
Old Navy’s new spring arrivals have a classic theme (read: They’ll be in style season after season) and the retailer is holding a huge sale to celebrate President’s Day. Shop today and you’ll get 30 percent off the entire site, plus an extra 5 percent Cash Back at Old Navy from ShopAtHome.com. Here’s some looks we love and styling tips:
- Pair camo with feminine colors (pictured). For a balanced look, wear a camouflage jacket or pants with a soft color — like peaches, coral or pinks in the warm color family or lavender or soft blues from the cooler side of the spectrum. You strike a balance that is both tough and sweet. Also, belt the jacket like the model for a look that is less “I’m going hunting” and more chic. Shop the camo look here.
- Drop-waist dress. We saw the drop-waist hem emerge last summer and totally adore the hem that is reminiscent of 1920’s flappers. In Old Navy’s rendition, the sporty silhouette is especially flattering if you want to draw attention away from your mid-section as it skims right over the tummy. We’re drawn to the blue striped drop-waist dress. Try mixing the dress with a floral scarf that has a similar color scheme or go with an unexpected pop of color with a neon statement necklace. Or, keep it classic, and pair with a sold red scarf. This drop-waist dress would look just as good with a pair of kicks as it would with a kitten heel.
- Denim on denim. Can’t get enough denim? We get it. The trick to pairing denim with denim is to make sure the pieces you are wearing have different weights and the washes aren’t similar. Try a light chambray popover with a more structured dark-wash denim jacket — then pair it with a colored skirt or chinos. See the look mastered here.
Read more articles about Old Navy here. Other articles you might also like:
- 5 cheers for the red, white and blue: Presidents’ Day deals to celebrate
- 5 swoon-worthy beauty trends from New York Fashion Week
- Celebrity designer Peter Pilotto teams with Target for designer collection